Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tower Bridge

Yesterday, I awoke at 5am with Dan and rode with him to where he works in Peckham, south London. The sun was just rising when we got there, and I took the overland train into London Bridge Station. I arrived around 7:30am to commuters just appearing, watching the station come alive with hurrying and scurrying workers. Many appeared robotic and devoid of life, devoting their lives, unquestioningly, to a faceless corporation. I emerged outside into a hazy, wet and cloudy central London -- the ever-brown Thames at home in the grey atmosphere of a rainy day. It seemed more the light of dusk than dawn. Perfect. These are the windows of Tower Bridge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to be a photographer as a career; I love to be creative. That is one beautiful picture you've taken by the way. If you have time to visit my blog, please do:

http://www.lookmumtwohands.blog.com/