Monday, September 11, 2006

Old Craggy Tree


On the Grounds of St. Mary's Church in the village of Chilham, yesterday. After a day of driving (riding, on my part), many stops and hot sun that was completely unexpected, Dan made the keen observation that I had unintentionally set my camera to a parameter of high contrast and high saturation --- thus revealing the reason why I was heard to say throughout the day "everything is blowing out!" and "why can't I get this shot?". The bright sun and subject matter
of black and white tudor buildings made photo-taking a bit on the frustrating side (a challenge even without the wrong settings). Soooo... the tree is one of the few photos that I liked in the end.

Other notable moments of the day: Magners at a 14th Century pub in Lenham,

...and a brave moment of entering the arachnid tent (only 50p!) at the Challock Goose Fair. I didn't actually touch a tarantula or... well... get closer than 6 feet to one, but I DID go in the tent. Dan's hand will recover eventually from the squeezing (read: vice-like grip).

(By the way, in case you think a goose fair might contain lots of geese... or even one for that matter, think again. Not a goose in sight, and by god I looked! Silly me, thinking there might be a goose...)

No comments: